Over the Christmas holidays, a number of folk asked me to draw portraits for them as Christmas presents! I happily obliged, and here they are:
So I finally got round to updating my CV/resume with my new Canadian contact address, as well as the work I did for Tribal Group. With so much stuff on there now, I figured it was time to bump This is Normal off the list, as it isn't technically animation work. 7 of the 13 items on there were either for a client or a studio, and 4 of the 13 have been since graduating. The storyboarding position at Huminah didn't work out, but I've got "maybe's" from a couple places over animation positions/commissions, so hopefully it won't be long until the next time I get to add more to this!
This new CV is available for download on the Work page!
So I've been commissioned by a senior lecturer at the University of Northampton recently to draw up character images for them to use in demonstrations of various principles of social work and the impact of race, income, and gender on various aspects of people's lives.
There's a few more images to come in this series, but these images cover every character involved in it.
I recently took a side commission alongside my work at Sun and Moon, for this training company called Tribal, who do software to help businesses and educators track classes and training, etc. Similar to the Wessex ad, it's in a much more motion-graphics-like style.
Video's embedded below the Read More break.
Wessex Student Bus Pass
So recently, I was recently contacted by one of the people from CrowdReach.co.uk to animate an advert for the Wessex Star bus service for university students. All of the visual aspects were left to me, including the visual design (beyond a basic "motion graphic" style mentioned in the original e-mail) and the storyboarding, as well as the animation.
The deadline was super-tight - I only had the final audio in the last two days of working on it, and only had the script for two days before that, so this was completed in it's entirety in 4 days.
Commission for someone who wanted a picture of themselves as a Pokemon trainer.
One-panel gag featuring a centaur character of mine that I've been drawing on-and-off since around 2008. He's part of a wider story that I have in mind, but this was just done as a one-off to entertain my DeviantArt followers.
So in the last week, I've been paid to create a short animated loop for the unicorn character belonging to an online client.
Weebly's being weird about animated GIFs, so if you're on mobile or tablet, my apologies if this doesn't play/load.
I've been commissioned by the Senior Lecturer of Social Work at the University of Northampton to illustrate the chapter headers in a textbook that they're in the process of writing and editing. The deadline is extremely lax, which means this is perfect to fit around my current semester at UWE.
Here's some of the headers so far:
I recently received a small commission request from someone for a couple of characters to go on various backgrounds and graphics for someone's personal YouTube channel and related bits and pieces. I'm yet to see the art in use on their page, but other than that it's worked out pretty well.
I did actually mess up the colours of the girl's clothes - the hoodie colour was meant to be her trousers colour, and the hoodie was supposed to be green, but the client said they actually preferred the accidental colour combo, so decided to keep it. Alls well that ends well!
Ok, so on Friday, a whole bunch of my stuff was stolen - a bag I'd had to import, 3 sketchpads and a notepad full of work, and a Christmas present. Luckily, my portable harddrive wasn't in it, so I didn't lose any work that had already been digitised, but unfortunately, this doesn't include many of the thumbnail storyboards I'd done in preparation for the Doctor Chaotic short.
So I went to a couple of my normal online hangouts and let them know that I needed some cash to replace my stolen stuff, and got a huge response. With individual commissions varying from £3 to £15, I made enough to be able to buy a new bag and begin replacing some of the drawing materials that were lost.